Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Circuit Training

Circuit training is a fun and challenging form of resistance training.  A circuit can be comprised of 8-12 stations.  Each exercise is 1 minute in duration.  One of the main challenges is that participants transition from one station to the next with little or no rest which keeps your heart rate elevated. The circuit is repeated 2-3 times with a two minute break between each round.  This method of training is a great way to challenge yourself and modify your routine.  Different props and equipment can be used for this type of training such as resistance bands, dumbbells, medicine balls, and stability balls.  Circuit training is a great alternative for people that easily get bored at the gym.  It's quick, intense, and fun!

6 comments:

  1. I have being doing this kind of training, just adding every three minutes an interval of spinning and planks... so far so good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion. You've just taken away one of my excuses for not exercising :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came across your health and fitness blog. Your article about circuit training was especially interesting. I especially liked your comments about resting little in between sets to achieve a better workout. I am adding you to my favorites. We're in the same industry, the business of encouraging health and fitness. We market a product called The AbStand: http://www.theabstand.net. We would love for you and your readers to check out our ab workout product. Any feedback would be appreciated as well. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment. I am not sure what you have in mind in regards to your product. But I am open to suggestions. Feel free to contact me at davidcohen20@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good information here. Thanks for sharing. I have used a couple of soy protein powders and quite liked them.


    Massage Deal Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great advices. When you are working on improving your shape and achieving more challenging goals, nutrition is one of the key success factors. Most nutrients are received from food, though, in order to enhance my energy I am taking nutritional supplements. One of the best I have tried is Navy Seal Formula manufactured by MGNutritionas. It gives me incredible amount of energy and pushes me harder when I run. I see positive results in my endurance and strength.

    ReplyDelete